For more information contact Lance Smith or Spencer Stillman at 1-800-533-3221
The King Block is a composite, polyethylene/ crumb rubber block made fully from recycled materials. It can be substituted for wood posts or steel blocks on steel posts by end users. The King Block is used for W-Beam installations and the King Size King Block is used for Thrie-Beam installations.
- Self-hanging fingers.
- Self-aligning side rails.
- Light weight only 8 lbs.(3.6 kg) for W-beam, 12 lbs.(5.5 kg) for Thrie-beam.
- Bottom tab supports rail during installation.
- Block is considered a "green" product, environmentally safe and recyclable.
- Molded product reduces inconsistencies sometimes seen in wood blockouts.
- NCHRP Report 350 Test Level 3 compliant.
Installation and Repair Advantages:
- Self-hanging fingers minimize the need for assistance by end-users during installation.
- Self-aligning side rails help hold block in place and minimize spinning.
- Narrower width allows easier access to bolts at splices.
Once installed, these blocks maintain original size, vastly reducing the need for tightening guardrail bolts due to shrinkage often found with wood blocks.